Sequence Info for URA3?

Namjin Chung nc1 at acpub.duke.edu
Thu Oct 10 17:52:58 EST 1996

Dear Netters,

I am trying to PCR URA3 sequence from pYES2 vector (Invitrogen) which
contains the relavant sequence.  The reason for this is to subclone URA3
gene in the middle of MFG (My Favorite Gene) which will be then used for
getting mfg deletion mutant.

So I guess I need some 5' upstream regulatory sequence in addition to
protein coding sequence.  How many more upstream bp's needed?  Does
anyone knows boundary sequence information for the URA3 gene in pYES2
vector?  Well, Invitrogen technical service didn't know (They don't know
what they sell!).  I also searched Genbank with a query
'URA3'+'promoter', but it returned inappropriate information.

The best thing: Is there anyone who could send me
URA3-containing vector and sequence information for PCR?  Or at least
please let me know where I could get the sequence information.

Sincerely,

* Namjin Chung                             *                           *
* Program in Molecular Cancer Biology      * Email: nc1 at acpub.duke.edu *
* Duke University Medical Center, Box 3345 * Voice: +1 (919) 684-2363  *
* Durham, NC 27710                         * Fax  : +1 (919) 681-8253  *