Sequence Info for URA3?

Kim cba0064 at uabdpo.dpo.uab.edu
Sun Oct 13 14:37:17 EST 1996

Namjin,

You can get the URA3 dna sequence from the yeast genome bank.
I can get you the URL if you need it.
I'm trying to knock-out a gene with URA3 too, and I created a knock-out
construct which has URA3 replacing the entire coding region of MFG (ATG
of my gene replaced with ATG of URA3).  I also included about 100-150
bp of 5' and 3' flanking regions of MFG (to include regulatory
sequences, etc.).  I got the construct made and am trying to transform
yeast with it .... so far no luck , although this is in progress...
So let me know what you find out, and what works..!!!

Kim