Galactose induction and repression

Daniel Favre favre at medcor.mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 16 14:48:41 EST 1996

Hello everybody,

I have a GFP-fusion protein that can be induced with galactose. My aim is
to generate a pool of this protein, inhibit it's production by growing the
cells in glucose-containing medium, and then analyze the localization of
the protein by fluorescence.
Questions: is a 30 minutes galactose induction sufficient? How long does
it take to repress the expression after the cells have been shifted to
glucose-containing medium? In this respect, what are indeed the optimal
timings?

Thank you very much for your attention and comments
Daniel