Synchronising yeast cells

Karthi Ramachandran karthi at deakin.edu.au
Tue Oct 22 17:51:27 EST 1996

Dear Fellow Bio-netters,

        I need to synchronise my yeast cells and I am wondering if any one out

there could help me out with the following questions:

1. My strains are Mat alpha. Is a-factor commercially available or do I have
to allow them to switch mating types to Mat a and use alpha factor instead.

2. Do you have a good protocol for synchronising yeast cells. I need to know
the concentration of the mating harmones used.

3. Our local peptide synthesise facility wants A$ 1500 for 20mg of the alpha
factor peptide. Is that the normal price or am I being ripped off?

Thank you verymuch for your help,

Karthi. R

Karthikeyan Ramachandran Ph.D
Research Fellow, Rm. No. SA136
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
Faculty of Science and Technology	Phone (Off) (052) 271 406
Deakin University			Phone (Res) (052) 471 806
Geelong, Victoria			Fax ()52) 272 022
Australia 3217				e-mail karthi at deakin.edu.au
Home page				http://www.deakin.edu.au/~karthi/