c-terminal tag for transmembrane protein

Namjin Chung nc1 at acpub.duke.edu
Tue Oct 29 10:47:21 EST 1996

On 24 Oct 1996 rtemple at NETMAIL.HSCBKLYN.EDU wrote:

> I've got a 12-pass channel protein that I'd like to tag & visualize. I don't
> want to mess w/ any signaling on the amino end, and internal tags could mess up
> function. After checking the catalogs, I don't see a vector around that will
> carboxy-tag commercially and I don't want to 'hand clone' repetitive HA's on the
> end unless I have to do so. I do not want to raise Ab's to an integral protein.
> Does anyone know of a source of such a vector? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

I also have a similar experiment to tag HA epitope to the C-terminus of
my transmembrane protein.  I couldn't have found any commercial vectors
with C-terminal HA.

Anyway I PCR'd to get an insert with HA tag to subclone into a regular
yeast vector.  Now I'm trying to to immunoblot to check if I made it.
I'll keep you updated regarding this.

Sincerely,

  Namjin Chung
  Program in Molecular Cancer Biology