petites

Francisco G da Nobrega ib - bio 7588 fgdnobre at usp.br
Fri Sep 13 11:25:06 EST 1996

Dear Marguerite:

Rho 0 yeast still receive imported proteins. In fact some genes involved im
protein import and that code for proteins that localize to the
mitochondria and are part of the import machinery are essential genes for
growth in all conditions in yeast. See for example Baker and Schatz
Nature 349:205-208(91).

F.G. Nobrega
Universidade de Sao Paulo
Departamento de Microbiologia - ICB II / USP
Av. Prof. Lineu Prestes, 1374
05508-900   Sao Paulo  -  SP  - Brasil
Voice: (011) 818-7588    Fax: 55-11-818-7354    E-mail:  fgdnobre at usp.br