DISRUPTION CONSTRUCTION

Paul Colussi pcolussi at UIUC.EDU
Fri Sep 20 16:20:58 EST 1996

Dear Netters,

I am having a problem with the last stage of the construction of a
disrupting fragment using the S. pombe HIS7 marker. My problem is that
although this 2.5kb marker should easily slot into a convenient EcoR1
site My Ligation products, once miniprepped, contain all kinds of
different sized inserts rarly do I even get back religated vector. I
have tried both electroporation and CaCl cells and I have Cipped the
vector all to no avail. I'd appreciate any clues as to why a simple
ligation can get so screwed up

Thanks