Tryptophan deficient needed

Cathy Ball ball at GENOME.STANFORD.EDU
Tue Sep 24 16:07:28 EST 1996

Dear Sean May,

Searching the Saccharomyces Genome Database (SGD) shows that the yeast
gene SCM1/TAP2 encodes a tryptophan permease.  Molly Fitzgerald-Hayes and
co-workers have published a paper on this gene (Mol Gen Genet 244:
260-268 (1994)) and have constructed several mutants.  Try contacting
Molly Fitzgerald-Hayes, Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
Amherst, MA, 01003, USA.  The lab phone number is listed with the SGD as

Good luck,

Cathy Ball
Saccharomyces Genome Database
Dept. of Genetics, Stanford University