MEASURE RESPIRATION OF YEAST

JanCzek janczek at aol.com
Tue Apr 22 12:31:26 EST 1997

We have developed a closed-circuit respirometer that is capable of
measuring minute amounts of oxygen consumed and carbon dioxide produced by
yeast. The same instrument can be used for respiration of plants,
bacteria, insects or any living organisms. The sensitivity of the
instrument is 0.2 ul O2/hr. Additional sensors are available for measuring
amounts of CH4, NH3, H2S, H2. The instrument operates on the principle of
using gas analyzers to measure the change in the gas concentrations in the
head space of a measuring vessels and using this information to calculate
how much gas the sample is consuming or producing. If you are interested
in receiving more information about the device, please drop me a note with
your street address.

Dr. Ghosh