adh promoter

Adamslab "adams_lab.biowest" at tikal.biosci.arizona.edu
Thu Apr 24 08:52:35 EST 1997

Howdy all,  I am in need of a way to repress expression of genes from
a Adh1 promoter.  I am trying to test an interaction between mutants
versions of two proteins in the 2-hybrid system.  I built Adh, CEN
vectors to keep the expression level lower, however several of my
constructs are toxic.  I know that there is the Gal driven LexA system
but that would require building 43 new plasmids which is not
attractive.  Does any one know if there is a way to repress thr Adh1
promoter via carbon source?  I remember reading about it some time ago
but can't find the reference.  Thanks,  Kurt Toenjes.