Library amplification problems - Glenn Samwell

Tue Feb 4 19:29:53 EST 1997

Hi yeast users,

I am trying to amplify a human brain library (Clontech) that has been
cloned into pACT2 and transformed into E. coli strain BNN132. The yields
I have been getting are very poor and I think that it is because the
bacterial cells are not lysing properly. I am using standard maxi-prep
protocols and I'm not sure what else to try. I thought maybe a couple of
freeze-thaw cycles may assist in cell lysis. Has any body had the same
problems, and what, if any, methods did you use to get better yields?

Thanking you in advance,

Glenn