intracellular pH

x at cornell.edu x at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 4 18:39:48 EST 1997

I heard the cytoplasmic pH is around 6.9 to 7.0, but I can't remember the
reference. In The Molecular and Cellular Biology of the Yeast
Scaccharomyces (Broach, Jones, Pringle CSHL Press 1991,  Vol. 1 p.547)
Ramon Serrano writes that the intracellular pH can range 6.8- 7.3
depending on the pH of the medium. The vacuole is roughly pH 5.5.

Hope this helps,

--Daniel Schott
Cornell University
dhs3 at cornell.edu