SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE

David Hagerberg " mik_daha" at luecology.ecol.lu.se
Mon Feb 24 17:53:53 EST 1997

username at axionet.com wrote:

> I AM DOING A PROJECT ON SACCHAROMYCES CERVISIAE..AND WAS WONDERING.. IF IN A NATURAL ENVIRONMENT COULD A SITUATION OCCUR THAT WOULD CAUSE AN INCREASE IN INORGANIC SALT CONCENTRATION IN THE SOIL??? AND HOW WOULD THIS EFFECT THE YEAST??

I can imagine two soils subjected to saltification:
- soils subjected to irrigation, natural or agricultural, or
- soils there the evaporation is high, causing a flow of water from
the   watertable to the surface.

Further reading in Brady: "The nature and properties of SOILS"

I don't know how salt concentrations affect yeasts.

Best Regards

MSc in Agric David Hagerberg
Dep Microbial Ecology
University of Lund