GenStructure News Group Voted in!!! New Companion Web site

Graham Dellaire dellaire at ODYSSEE.NET
Sat Jan 11 15:09:16 EST 1997

Dear Colleagues,

In the past some of you have shown interest in the formation of a news
group devoted to the discussion of topics regarding to gene/genome
structure and function.  I am pleased to announce the the vote results
are in from bionet and our news group "bionet.genome.gene-structure or
GenStructure" has been voted in and will be linked very soon to the
bionet world wide website at

http://www.bio.net.

In addition, I have created a companion web site at:

http://www.medcor.mcgill.ca/EXPMED/GENSTRUCTURE/genstructure.html

Please browse this site and send me any comments on the look, content
and future directions of this site.  The site contains the charter for
the news group and is ment to serve as a FAQ (or Frequently Asked
Questions) site for the research community.The site also contains a
recommended reading section as well as usefull links to other
gene/genome structure web sites on the web.

If you have other sites you feel are useful or have a site describing
your own research we will list them for you.  Or you may want to suggest
articles you feel are seminal or very important to the field.  Lastly, I
will accept reviews of literature or of particular aspects of genome
structure/function as outlined in "topics of Discussion" in the charter,
for publication on our site.  In future, I may create a genome structure
registery which will list (voluntarily only) researchers world wide who
work in this field.

Good luck to all in the New Year and Hope to See you in the Discussion
Group!

Graham Dellaire
Creator and Principal Discussion Leader
bionet.genome.gene-structure