ade2-101

David Singleton drs3y at dayhoff.med.Virginia.EDU
Thu Jan 16 16:49:27 EST 1997

I received strain Y190 from ATCC, and streaked it out to single colonies
as per the instructions that came with the vial. After about 3 days of
growth, I had appr. 90% white colonies and 10% red colonies (presumably
due to the ade2 marker in this strain.) When I called to ask "what's up
with two colony types?" I was told that the white colonies were probably
ADE2 revertants. Has anyone worked with this strain (reporter for
two-hybrid, deposited by S. Elledge), and is it really this unstable?

Thanks, Dave

--
* David R. Singleton                 drs3y at virginia.edu *
* Dept. of Cell Biology            phone:(804)-924-1910 *