HELP!!! INFO NEEDED

Kenneth K. Li g--child at geocities.com
Sun Jan 19 00:02:06 EST 1997

Hi...

I am doing a first year biology experiment on Yeast (Saccharomyces
cerevisiae)

I need some information on the following points:

-- natural habitat
-- life cycle
-- nutrient or energy source required
-- abiotic factors affecting its growth (and the range of these
factors    that can be tolerated, if known)
-- interactions w/ other organisms in its natural environment
-- any laboratory conditions necessary for maintenance of this organism

My report on this "general information" section of my experiment is due
on Tuesday. I have been to various libraries, only to find most of the
information has to do with genetic experiments on the organism, not on
experiments affecting its metabolic rate or growth in a culture. If you
have any information off-hand, or have any reference sources I can look
into, I would extremely appreciate the help. Thankyou!!!

reply-to:  kenkli at axionet.com

Kenneth K. Li
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, B.C., Canada