Marieke R. Koedood Zhao rkoedood at
Thu Jan 23 12:26:27 EST 1997

Try Current Protocols in Molecular Biology edited by Ausubel et al.
Bet you can find it in any of the local Molecular Biology labs.

THe Yeast Section in this protocol book is quite informative and the
references in there are probably useful too.

Good luck

Kenneth K. Li (g--child at wrote:
: Hi...

: I am doing a first year biology experiment on Yeast (Saccharomyces
: cerevisiae)

: I need some information on the following points:

: -- natural habitat
: -- life cycle
: -- nutrient or energy source required
: -- abiotic factors affecting its growth (and the range of these
: factors    that can be tolerated, if known)
: -- interactions w/ other organisms in its natural environment
: -- any laboratory conditions necessary for maintenance of this organism

: My report on this "general information" section of my experiment is due
: on Tuesday. I have been to various libraries, only to find most of the
: information has to do with genetic experiments on the organism, not on
: experiments affecting its metabolic rate or growth in a culture. If you
: have any information off-hand, or have any reference sources I can look
: into, I would extremely appreciate the help. Thankyou!!!

: reply-to:  kenkli at

: Kenneth K. Li
: University of British Columbia
: Vancouver, B.C., Canada