Fixing pombe for counting?

Thomas O Westerling westerli at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Jul 3 12:27:43 EST 1997

Hi to all of you!

Im looking for practical tricks that could make my miserable pombe life
a little bit more tolerable.:)

Im in the process of counting cells in large number and I need to speed
things up a bit.

Fixing the cells and counting in Burker cuvettes would be nice but I
have way to many samples for that to be fast.
A problem wich does not make my life any easier is that the cells
aggregate easily. Their "hugging" is really a mess when counting.
Sonication separates them but only temporary. Is there any chemical
around to stop this?

So if you have any tricks that I could apply to this I would be pleased
to learn about them.

	thanx

	thomas

Thomas Westerling               tel:   +358-9-191 26444
Haartman Insitute                      +358-9-191 26443
SF-00014 University of Helsinki fax:   +358-9-191 26700
Finland                         e-mail:Thomas.Westerling at helsinki.fi