Protein Transfection...

Richard Brennan brennan at toxsparc.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 12 21:01:04 EST 1997

Check out papers by Schiestl et al. on restriction enzyme-mediated
integration, they transform DNA and restriction enzymes together
in the same transformation, keeping RE activity. Hope this helps.

Rich
Dr. Richard J. Brennan                           brennan at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Molecular and Cellular Toxicology                brennan at toxsparc.harvard.edu
Harvard School of Public Health                  (617) 432 0350
665 Huntington Ave.                                    432 4412
Boston, MA 02115                                       432 0377 (FAX)
"History would be an excellent thing if only it were true." (Tolstoy)

Christina M. Ulane (cmulane at RAINBOW.UCHICAGO.EDU) wrote:
: Dear Yeast Community:

: I would like to transfect S. cerevisiae with protein aggregates, and
: would appreciate any information regarding protein transfection and
: general lipofection techniques with yeast cells.

: In case you are wondering why I am transfecting proteins instead of DNA,
: my project is to study the effects of prions--a protein based
: phenomenon.

: Thank you for your attention.

: Sincerely,
: Michele Markstein
: (a beginning grad. student new to yeast)