sequence of amber/ochre mutations in markers

Liam Good good at biobase.dk
Tue Jul 22 09:54:51 EST 1997

Hi,

I would like to use an auxotrophic marker which contains a small (1-3 base)
mutation in one of the well known marker genes for S. cerevisiae.

For example, the amber and ochre mutations would be fine for my purposes.
However, I have been unable to find the actual sequence changes present in
these alleles.

The strain I have on hand (YNN214) carries ura3-52,  lys2-801 (amber) and
ade2-101 (ochre) alleles.  Does anyone know the sequences changes present in
any of these alleles?

?Other suggestions for strains and markers that I could use?  Again, it must
be a selectable marker with a small and known sequence change.

Thank you

Liam