Yeast plasmid DNA extraction

Dimuth Siritunga siritunga.1 at osu.edu
Wed Jul 23 12:37:31 EST 1997

I was wandering whether there is any one who can help me with the following
problem I'm having.

I am trying to isolate plasmid DNA from yst and transform bacteria with them
to amplify the amount of plasmid DNA from my yst transformants.  Although the
yeast DNA concentration after the extraction seems to be high and clean (after
RNase as well) I am not able to transform bacteria with them.  But the
positive control of pUC18 gives the good transformation under the same
conditions.

Is there any thing special I should be doing? and is there any specific good
protocols on the web? any help in this area will be highly appreciated. My
email is 'siritunga.1 at osu.edu'.

Thanking you in advance
Sincerely
Dimuth Siritunga