help for vortexing

Nistor Nicolaevici nicolae at quasar.uvt.ro
Mon Jul 28 07:21:29 EST 1997

My goal is to detect various substances in the citosol of
S.cerevisiae. To get maximum efficiency of the experiment I need to know
the exact minimum period of time after which all the cells are disrupted
using a Vortex with glass beads. Could you give me a hint about this ?

*Do you know any MARKERS for S.cerevisiae intracellular compounds
to signal the point when the plateau is reached?
*Are there any microscopical methods to differentiate between
the intact and ghost cells after coloration with METHYLENE-BLUE?
*or do you think that the single possibility is to transfer the
material on Sabouraud medium and look for the limit moment when the
collonies dissapear?

 Thankfully,

 C. Diunzis
 Biochemistry Dpt.
 University of Medicine & Pharmacy, Timisoara Romania