2Hybrid Vectors--Which are best??

MIke Mike at ncsu.edu
Wed Jul 30 11:24:54 EST 1997

Hello,

I am trying to express a number of viral proteins in the yeast 2hybrid
system.  I have had difficulties doing this.  It seems that the yeast
will not express some of the proteins (or they are indetectable) well
in some of the vectors I have.  I need to express each protein as a
fusion with both the binding and activating domains respectively.  I
currently am using pGAD424 and pGBT9.  If anyone could suggest an
vectors from which the proteins express more readily, any yeast
strains that express well (now using PJ69.4a), or any other approaches
to getting your fusion protein expressed I would really appreciate it.

Thanks very much,

Mike Faughn

mike at ncsu.edu

mike at ncsu.edu