pSE640 or CYC1 promoter sequence

S.L. Rennie rennie at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jun 13 11:03:50 EST 1997

In article <genecutl-0506971632390001 at kosh-161b-2.berkeley.edu>,
genecutl at mendel.NOSPAM.berkeley.edu (gc) wrote:

> I need to construct a cerevisiae lacZ reporter plasmid into which
> I can clone my protein binding sites.  I'm looking for a vector like
> pSE640 which has the CYC1 promoter upstream of a lacZ gene.  If anyone
> has that plasmid or knows where I can get it, I would really appreciate it.
> Otherwise, if someone out there has the sequence of that plasmid, or really
> just the sequence of the piece of the CYC1 promoter which is needed for
> expression, then we could make it ourselves using PCR (I assume that the
> required piece of CYC1 isn't too large).
> Thanks lots.
>
> --gc

Hi gc
   I'm not familiar with pSE640 but I've received a plasmid called pRW95-3 which
sounds like much the same thing.  Biotechniques vol.20no.4 1996 The researcher's
name was Dr. Michael Schweizer  (michael.schweizer at bbsrc.ac.uk) Very willing to
share, plasmid worked well for our purposes.

HOpe this helps
Sharon