Colony PCR (again)

Aidan Weatherill aweatherill%immads2.jr2 at
Thu Jun 19 10:20:47 EST 1997

I have been hunting for a reliably method of doing pcr from colonies, all
the protocols that I have come across require very fresh colonies, and
whilst this is generally not a problem I have recollections of seeing a
protocol that involves spherolplasting the cells and pcr'ing from them, as
I remember it claimed product from two month old colonies!!

Any help would be gratefully received.

                               Aidan weatherill

Yeast Genetics                             48 percy street
The Institute of Molecular Medicine        East Oxford
University of Oxford                       Oxford
The John Radcliffe                         OX4 3AF

Tel: (01865) 222 405                       Tel:(01865) 241 505
                  E-mail: aweather at