2 hybrid system problem (Clontech)

PC-BS-09 jr at dna.bio.warwick.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 14:13:26 EST 1997

Dear all.

	Could someone out there describe what's going on with my two hybrid
system.

	The ultimate aim is to screen a human lung library (in pACT2 bought from
Clontech) against a known viral protein. Currently, I have a two viral
proteins that are known to interact and are in the low expression vectors
pGAD424 and pGBT9 (Clontech). Using these vectors the proteins interact and
blue colonies can be observed with the B-gal filter assays. However, once the
proteins are transferred to the high expression vectors (into their equivalent
ones), pAS2-1 and pACT2 (Clontech), no interaction is observed i.e no blue
colonies are observed. I am using the yeast strains Y187 and SFY526 and get
the same result in both strains.

	Upon pairing the viral gene in the new vector with its counterpart in the old
vector, still no interaction is observed. I know that the viral gene are in frame with the
vector ORF's and therefore should be expressing. Why am I not detecting any
interaction from the constructs in pAS2-1 or pACT2?????

		The vectors were initally transformed into E. Coli XL1-blue and then
grown up and preped using the Qiagen Maxi prep kits.

Thanks in advance

Jaz
jr at dna.bio.warwick.ac.uk