expression vectors

Jan Lowe jyl at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 14:19:02 EST 1997

Being new to the yeast field, I have difficulties to find
suitable expression vectors for protein expression in
Saccharomyces cerevisiae. I'd like to have an antibiotic
resistance (no complicated minimal selection),
maybe a His-tag (could be introduced by PCR), and a
modern multiple cloning site. Preferrably constitutive expression.
I looked at invitrogen, stratagene, clontech and neither of
them sells what I need. It has to be S. cerevisiae, Pichia
(invitrogen) is not suitabale because I want to develop
a homologous expression.
Any ideas, any other companies ?

Thanks a lot,

Jan

Jan Lowe                                    E-mail: jyl at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Laboratory of Molecular Biology             phone : +uk 01223 40 2402
Medical Research Council                    fax   : +uk 01223 213556
Hills Road
Cambridge CB2 2QH
UK