pombe ura4-D18

S L Forsburg forsburg at nospamsalk.edu
Thu Nov 13 21:00:05 EST 1997

> From: Sonya Clark <saclark at nature.berkeley.edu>

> I am looking for an S. pombe ura4-D18 strain described by Grimm and
> Kohli MGG 215:87-93 (1988) used for homologous recombination knockouts
> of genes. This strain has a complete deletion of the ura 4 locus. Can
> anyone could send me this strain, or suggest where I can get it
> from? Thanks in advance,

The ura4-D18 allele is quite common in standard lab strains.
If this is all you require, any pombe lab should be able to
provide a strain with this marker. (A list of pombe labs is
at http://flosun.salk.edu/~forsburg/plasmids.html#names)
 ura4-D18 strains are also
available from the ATCC (http://www.atcc.org), which is
expanding and improving its fission yeast collection.

--
-susan
S L Forsburg, PhD  forsburg at salk.edu
Molecular Biology and Virology Lab