Pichia false positives

Frederik Boernke boernke at ipk-gatersleben.de
Tue Nov 18 17:17:06 EST 1997

Yanet wrote:

> Hi netters
> We are trying to express recombinant proteins in Pichia using
> Invitrogene kit, but we have run into the fact that there are a few
> number of positive colonies among the transformants (6%) after
> electroporation of GC 115 his4 Pichia strain. Could anybody tell me
> something about it?.
> Gracias
> Janet

Hi!

In our lab we observed that it is  essential to include  a consensus
ATG into the gene, otherwise you will get positiv clones and you will
find mRNA, but you will never find protein.
You should try the pichia newsgroup at www.invitrogen.com

Cheers
Ricky

Frederik Boernke
Research Group of  Molecular Plant Physiologie
Corrensstr. 3
06466 Gatersleben
Tel.  039482 -5 321
Fax. 039482 -5 515