JEvans1 at RodalePress.com
Tue Nov 18 17:17:35 EST 1997
I'm writing a book chapter on the nutritional benefits of brewer's
yeast, but I'm having a difficult time locating resources for this
chapter. Is there anyone who can answer the following basic questions?
It's for a book called Nature's Medicines from Rodale Press (Prevention
magazine and books). You can reach me by phone at 1-800/222-4997 ext.
7646 or by e-mail at jevans1 at rodalepress.com
Thanks in advance!
Julie A. Evans
1) What is brewer's yeast -- How is it made? How does it differ from
nutritional yeast? From baker's yeast? (Some books say brewer's yeast is
the same as nutritional yeast; others say they're different. What's the
true story here?)
2) Who might benefit from supplementing with brewer's yeast and why?
3) Is it a more bioavailable form of certain vitamins, minerals and
4) What is your opinion on supplementation: pill versus powder? How much
daily (maximum and minimum)?
5) Any special cautions about brewer's yeast -- i.e., certain people who
shouldn't take, any allergic reactions, etc.
More information about the Yeast