Histoplasma Capsulatum

Doug Mersman MersmanD at slu.edu
Sun Oct 5 06:57:58 EST 1997

Does anyone know if there has been an attempt to sequence the yps-3 gene
of Histoplasma capsulatum?  The lab in which I work has been attempting
to clone in the yps-3 gene to DH5 alpha but has been having problems.
We've been cutting yps-3 with BAMH1 as well as the vector, but most of
the time the vector religates without the insert.  Any suggestions as to
combos of restriction enzymes in order to get non-complimentary ends to
form (ergo preventing religation w/o insert most of the time) would be
appreciated.