YEAST/bionet.molbio.yeast is now moderated

francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Mon Oct 20 22:29:14 EST 1997

Dear YEAST/bionet.molbio.yeast enthusiasts,

as of today, the YEAST/bionet.molbio.yeast newsgroup is moderated
and this message represents my first attempt at processing a message
through the bionet maze.

This does mean that I will now need to accept all message sent to
yeast at net.bio.net/yeast at daresbury.ac.uk or sent in via USENET, and it
is strongly hoped that this means the end to SPAMS and other unwanted
messages on this newsgroups (see charter below).

I will do all I can to ensure a timely and expediant processing of all
messages. I will call on my friends and colleagues at SGD at Stanford
if I plan to be absent for any extended period (conference or planned
leave) to ensure that somebody is always at the elm.

Please read this newsgroup's updated charter for further details:

http://net.bio.net/bioarchives/YEAST/CHARTER

Please do not hesitate to e-mail me (francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov) and the
bionet management (biosci-help at net.bio.net) if you think or perceive
any problems with my moderation or the YEAST/bionet.molbio.yeast newsgroup.

warm regards to all,

francis