tetrad dissection apparatus

Dr. Joe S. Mymryk jmymryk at julian.uwo.ca
Wed Oct 29 08:58:32 EST 1997

I am setting up a new lab using S.c. and would like to purchase an
tetrad dissection apparatus/microscope.  Cost is a serious factor.

I alrady searched the bionet.yeast archives. So far, I have contacted
Micro Video Instruments and looked at the Singer Instruments home page
on the web.  Someone mentioned Atlantex-Zeiler to me, but I can't find
an address, phone or fax number. Does anyone have current contact
information for them?
A few other questions -
Are there any other models/suppliers that I should consider?
Are there models that I shouldn't consider at all?
Does anyone have experience with the MVI Nikon Eclipse 400 setup?

Your comments are appreciated, thanks in advance

Joe S. Mymryk Ph.D.

London Regional Cancer Centre
790 Commissioners Rd. East
London, Ontario, N6A 4L6