2 hybrid/pombe

S L Forsburg forsburg at nospamsalk.edu
Mon Sep 8 09:51:32 EST 1997

> Nick (nick_owen at wo*ls.demon.co.uk)

> I intend to start setting up Y2H system for two Sz.pombe proteins - do
> people using Sz.pombe and Y2H use pombe strains or S.cer. to do the
> functional experiments.. Any info much appreciated

As far as I know, no one has set up the pombe strains and plasmids
necessary to do a two hybrid screen in fission yeast.  it would
take new plasmids, some well-dissected promoter elements, and
a fair bit of tinkering to get it set up with GAL or lexA binding
sequences and reporter genes. Remember that the architecture of the
pombe promoter is not the same as cerevisiae's.

--
-susan
S L Forsburg, PhD  forsburg at salk.edu
Molecular Biology and Virology Lab