Post-doc opportunity in Boston

Charlie Hoffman hoffmacs at bc.edu
Tue Sep 23 16:37:09 EST 1997

Hi netters,

I have an N.I.H.-funded post-doc opening in my lab.  I am looking
for a talented individual to study adenylate cyclase activation in S.
pombe.
Our previous work has identified mutations in the adenylate cyclase gene
that
block glucose-induced activation of the enzyme without affecting
catalytic
activity (Genes Dev. 5: 561-571).  Part of this project involves the
characterization of a gene identified by dominant mutations that
suppress the cyclase activation defect.  The other part involves
characterization of genes we have pulled out of a two hybrid screen for
interactions with the cyclase catalytic domain.  I am interested in
someone with molecular biology skills, but not necessarily yeast genetic
skills.  Please send a CV along with names of two references (with
address, phone and Email information) to:

Charles Hoffman
Boston College
Dept. of Biology
Higgins Hall 315
Chestnut Hill, MA 02167
hoffmacs at bc.edu

Information about the department can be found at:
http://darkstar.bc.edu

"I'd rather be fission."