post doc position

M Werner-Washburne maggieww at LYRA.UNM.EDU
Mon Sep 29 18:03:25 EST 1997

I have a post doctoral position open immediately in my laboratory.  The
project concerns signal transduction in stationary phase yeast.  We have
mutants of the regulatory subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase that die
in stationary phase and we have isolated three suppressing clones.  One of
these appears to be a phosphoinositol kinase related to an important human
gene.   The grant on this project is funded for another 1.5 years.

I prefer a student with experience in molecular biology and genetics, but
biochemistry would also be a plus.  Experience writing papers is important.
The student would be expected to apply for post doctoral fellowships the
first year.

My lab is like a family - so I am looking for someone who enjoys working
with a team, who loves science and discussing everything from computational
biology to life in extreme environments to the human genome project, and
who isn't afraid of doing something new.

Maggie Werner-Washburne
Biology Department
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131