Postdoc ad

James Friesen james.friesen at utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 2 11:31:20 EST 1998

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN YEAST GENE EXPRESSION

HEY YOU OUT THERE, LOOKING  FOR A POSTDOC POSITION!!!
	I recently got a three-year grant renewal which will fund  yeast
gene-expression studies under a variety of  conditions imposed by growth
limitations due to mutations in genes that encode components of the
splicing and transcription apparatuses.  We will use DNA chip technology,
which is now available at the University of Toronto, to analyze the
expression of (to a first approximation) all 6,000 yeast genes.
	I am  looking for a first-rate post doc who is interested in
pursuing this .   Our lab is not only a great place to learn about yeast
molecular genetics and gene expression in general, but the  University of
Toronto and its affiliated research institutes (almost all are just across
the street from us) is one of the most active biomedical research
communities in North America and has a tremendous amount of terrific
science happening.  Toronto itself is a very interesting place to live.

If you are interested send me  an e-mail and check out our web site.

Jim Friesen, Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of
Toronto.
james.friesen at utoronto.ca    (416) 946-3016

http://www.utoronto.ca/bandb/