S.pombe materials now available!

S L Forsburg forsburg at nospamsalk.edu
Sat Apr 4 18:59:50 EST 1998

Greetings, all!  The nonprofit ATCC (http://www.atcc.org)
has updated its pombe collection to include commonly
used strains, expression vectors, general purpose vectors,
and libraries.  They also have "kits" with collections of the
above, at a much reduced fee.

If you are getting started in pombe, start with the ATCC, which
provides a lot of material in one place.

If you are a pombe person, consider depositing generally
useful materials with the ATCC, which will distribute them for
you and make it easy for people to get access.  (this is a
real relief for my lab, which gets numerous requests every week).

Our on line  pombe database now includes
 a table  listing all the ATCC's pombe materials and
accession numbers.
(http://flosun.salk.edu/~forsburg/vectors.html).

And don't forget to visit our fission yeast site, including
a compendium of pombe on the web
(http://flosun.salk.edu/~forsburg/pombeweb.html)

--
-susan