Protein concentration in Saccharomyces cerevisiae

Mark Gosink mmgosink at
Tue Apr 14 15:00:00 EST 1998

Hello Netters:
	I am trying to determine the concentration of my favorite
protein expressed in S.c.. It's about 40kDa, localized to the
cytosol and represents about 1% to the total protein (by Coomasie
staining by eye) when grown in minimal glucose media. If anyone
can tell me answer directly great! Otherwise can anyone point
me to a reference for the volumes of the various compartments
in a S.c. cell.
	Thanks for any help.
  Dr. Mark Gosink
  Dept. of Horticulture      Email: mmgosink at
  University of Wisconsin
  1575 Linden Dr.            Phone: (608)262-1622
  Madison, WI 53706          FAX:   (608)262-4743