two hybrid false? positives

Rob Kirkpatrick kirkpat at ?cc.umanitoba.ca?
Wed Apr 22 12:11:36 EST 1998

In article <2.2.32.19980421210206.00674cf0 at mail.cc.umanitoba.ca>, Deb
Court <dcourt at cc.UManitoba.CA> wrote:

> Hi! Does anyone have any experience with two hybrid "positives" in which
> only a few (<10) aa have been fused to the activation domain? The clones
> seem to have passed the genetic tests for false positives.
> Thanks,
> Deb Court

This happens all the time and in our lab we always throw them out but they
may be of use depending on what you are trying to do.  Stan Fields
published a paper where they were specifically looking for "small fusion
proteins" - i.e. peptides.  Check out this reference and see if it helps
your situation at all...    Yang, Wu, and Fields. Nucleic Acids Research
23: 1152-1156 (1995).

Rob

--

remove the ??'s from e-mail address to reply