yeast homogenates

klennon at ACS1.BU.EDU klennon at ACS1.BU.EDU
Fri Apr 24 16:51:43 EST 1998

Hi.

I am looking for a protocol to homogenize yeast cells for Western blot
analyses that does not involve using a bead beater. I just went through a
lovely protocol using glass beads, only to have my cells
completely intact at the end! I have routinely done RNA isolations from yeast
using glass beads, so I know you have to vortex the hell out of them to break
them, but it didn't work well at all with this protocol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Kelley Lennon, D.Sc.