Rates of macromolecular degradation

Dr. S. Shapiro toukie at zui.unizh.ch
Mon Apr 27 09:40:53 EST 1998

**
** note from the moderator:
**
** contributors to this newgroups are discouraged to post messages
** that say "reply to me only", but encouraged to say:
** "please reply to me and I will be happy to summerize to the group"
** such sumary reply should have "SUMMARY" in the subject line,
** in addition to what the summary is about.
**
** Thank you for your assistance in this matter, your friendly
** yeast group moderator, francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
**

Dear Colleagues;

     I am interested to know if anyone can supply me with citations
to articles in which the intracellular degradation/turnover of protein
vs. nucleic acid molecules are compared, both under conditions of
unimpeded exponential growth and under conditions of "stress".  If you
can help me, kindly contact me _directly_ at

               toukie at zui.unizh.ch

I am particularly interested in bacteria, but I can also use data
referring to eukaryotic cells.

Thanks in advance to all responders,

S. Shapiro
toukie at zui.unizh.ch