3AT-like chemical, but for URA3 (not FOA!)

Jess H. Leber leber at itsa.ucsf.edu
Tue Apr 28 22:33:23 EST 1998

Does anyone know where I can information on a chemical that works much
like 3AT, but instead acts against the URA3 gene product?  I think it may
even be called 3AU.  As I understand it, 3AU acts by titrating away the
URA3 gene product, thereby forcing cells to maintain a very high copy
number of a URA3 plasmid to counteract the effects of the chemical.  I am
trying to force my yeast to maintain a URA3 plasmid at a consistently very
high level.

Thanks for your help,
Jess Leber