Confirming positive Interactions with 2-hybrid system ??

Van Klughe at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 07:49:38 EST 1998

Hi Everybody,

I've been using the Clontech 2-hybrid system 1 to screen for
interactions between 2 known proteins. Everything appear to work fine
with negative controls being negative and positive controls behaving
as they should.
However, I am only getting the expression of the His gene without
being able to detect B-galactosidase activity (in HF7c)- ie:
co-transformants tested were able to grow on SD-H/L/T +3-AT.
Is it possible that the interaction is specific but is too weak to
detect with the B-gal assay (I've heard that His is a more sensitive
marker than B-gal in HF7c). Does anyone have any thoughts on this???
Thanks for your time..

Van