oligo directed mutagenesis in vivo

Lynn Horton leh2 at po.cwru.edu
Tue Feb 10 09:24:26 EST 1998

I am in a non yeast lab with only minimal experience myself and am
wondering about a mutation protocol in the methods in enzymology guide
to yeast genetics (p362). It deals with transforming yeast with
synthetic oligos which contain mutations and recovering that mutation in
the genome. Does anyone do this or is all mutation done with PCR
fragments??? Can you get mutagenesis with this method on a
co-transformed plasmid or is a better method gap repair??? My boss is
cheap and hates buying oligos, so the fewer I need for mutagenesis the
better off I am. Thanks in advance for any help.
Lynn Horton
Dept. of Hematology/Oncology
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Ave