pombe vectors

S L Forsburg forsburg at nospamsalk.edu
Thu Jan 15 13:54:34 EST 1998

> From: pdxkgs at pdn1.gene.nottingham.ac.uk (Karen Spink)
> Please help! I am having trouble contacting the authors of a
> publication in
> which the plasmid REP81X, (TATA box mutation in nmt1 promoter), is
> described. Basi G, Schmid E, Maundrell K, Gene; 123: 131-136,
> (1993).Does
> anyone know how I can get my hands on this vector?

The Basi paper reported REP81.  REP81X is a derivative of
REP81 that I constructed (Forsburg, NAR 21:2155, 1993).  Briefly,
the REP-X series of vectors are derivatives I made of the original
REP series of vectors to remove the ATGs in the polylinker using
an XhoI linker.  (Maps and information are available on our
vector page at our web site:
http://flosun.salk.edu/~forsburg/vectors.html)

I am certainly willing to send you this plasmid, if it is
indeed REP81X and not REP81 that you want.   It should
also be floating around in any number of UK pombe labs
who could provide it (for a list, try
http://flosun.salk.edu/~forsburg/pombeweb.html#people).
Finally, that vector and a number of other useful pombe
vectors and strains are now available from the ATCC
(http://www.atcc.org);  the ATCC is a nonprofit organization
that makes biological materials available to the community
for the cost of distribution.  We are depositing our plasmids
there for distribution and I urge others to do the same.

-susan
It's an anti-spam.  Use the one below.
S L Forsburg, PhD  forsburg at salk.edu
Molecular Biology and Virology Lab