2 plasmids

Marc Fischer mff1 at york.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 10:59:17 EST 1998

I am trying to co-express 2 proteins interacting as subunits in S.
cerevisiae under the control of strong promoters (GAP and Gal1p). Each of
these genes is carried by a plasmid with a different selection marker
(leu or Ura). I have had some problems in obtaining the double
transformant strain expressing the 2 genes. Has anyone had the same kind
of problems with 2 different plasmids in the same cell and should I
consider the integration of the genes into the genome instead of having
my 2 genes as extrachromosomal information ?

mff1 at york.ac.uk