Non-expressing YAC transgenes

Anthony Tomlinson tomlinson at pplros.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 07:51:23 EST 1998

I have recently made 5 lines of transgenic mice with a 400kb human YAC
but the human
genes are not expressed, which is contrary to my expectations to say the
least.
 I now want to compare the transgenic array to the YAC and the YAC to
human genomic
 DNA to look for problems.  Does anyone have a methodology of choice?  I'm
 thinking of partial digests to map the YAC followed by complete digests
 compare it to the genomic DNAs, but I wonder if there is a
quicker/cleverer
 method out there....

 How common is it to find YACs that don't express in transgenics?  I
can't find
 anything in the literature.

 Thanks,

 Anthony.