B-galactosidase

Mingzhong Chen mzchen at nwu.edu
Fri Jan 30 11:54:02 EST 1998

I am using the yeast two hybrid system to determine protein-protein
interaction.I am using S. cervesiae (HF7c and SFY256 strains). Despite
strong blue color on the filter assay I am having difficulty measuring
B-gal levels on standard liquid assays (CRPG) and more sensitive
chemiluminescent assays. Both assays definitely work as the positive
controls give comparable values to published data. Could the blue color
be a false positive? Has anyone else had a similar problem?