Postgrad Research position in UK

A. Chambers PDZAC at
Fri Jun 19 07:04:05 EST 1998

Postgrad Research Position in the UK

I have a position available for an EU graduate to work on either gene
expression or telomere function in yeast. The funding currently guaranteed
will pay all University fees and provide a living grant for two years (to
complete an MPhil). Although not yet confirmed, I hope to raise an
additional one years funding to allow completion of a PhD. Our work on gene
expression focuses on glycolytic genes and uses the PGK promoter as a model
system. We are particularly interested in the role of the multifunctional
transcription factor Rap1p in transcriptional activation. Our work on
telomeres uses fission yeast. We are currently purifying telomere repeat
binding proteins in order to clone their genes and study their functions in
telomere dynamics.

If you are interested in either project area, email me at the address

alistair.chambers at

Division of Genetics
University of Nottingham
Queen's Medical Centre